16 Years ago, we bought our Dreamhouse, a Log House, looking at it, you would have thought it was finished, its not ,but it is getting closer, this is our story, and of the things that have came our way ,as we go along .

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The " Black Copper Maran's

" 24 Black Copper Maran Egg's ", I bought them from a Man at  a " Chicken Seminar ".  They were the " First Egg's ", that I put in my  " incubator ", let's see, that would be the one my husband gave me for " Christmas ", after he told me ( no more chicken's please ).    I put them in on " February 3 ", and they hatched on " February 24 " , ( my girlfriend's birthday ), " 21 Day's " , exact.  Well " 16 ", of them hatched,  on the " 24 ".   I could'nt bring myself to turn it off, with " 8 Egg's ", still that have'nt hatch, so I gave them a few more day's.    It was " 2 Day's later ", I was looking in, only to see that "ONE ", of the "EGG'S, was " ROLLING ", and I could  "HEAR  SOMETHING ", a faint little chirp, then I could "SEE ", that there was a small "HOLE ", it " worked " and " worked ", and " worked ", at trying to " break free ", but after an " Hour ", and  " nothing ".
                My " SON ", got online to " BACKYARD CHICKEN'S ", ( love that website ), and typed in what can you do if  one of your " Egg's ", is having a hard time hatching.    And there it was, this is what you do, and we went to work at it, I got a " warm rag ", a pair of  dull " twister's ", and a cup of " warm water ", and a " hand towel ".
            I set the " EGG ", on the warm towel, and with a eye dropper, (  I forgot about the eye dropper ), I dropped warm water onto the "EGG ",  then I started " Peeling the Egg ", back around what was a circle on the "EGG", and sure enough, the baby chick pushed thru and out into the "WORLD ", I could'nt believe that I saved his " Life ".   For the rest of the "EGG'S ", I gave them " 4 ", more day's but nothing happened.
          So the remaining " EGG'S ", got buried, with a "service ", up on the hill in the " flower bed " .    

         And here they are, they are " just beautiful ", but it will be around " September ", before they lay " EGG'S ".
And here's " LITTLE BIDY ", number " 17 ". She's much smaller than everyone else, after all she was born  " 2 " Day's later.


No comments:

Post a Comment